7.26.2009

Different Culture


I mean i was born not here, but I'm not of there either.
So it's lyk difficult.
I guess u can say I feel outta place,
like no matter wut I'll still won't belong.
Ohh, and if that wasn't enough....
I also feel wayyy too old!
I mean we all know age is just a number,
you can't really allow that to determine a person's intelligence.
(We all know that dumb 30-yr old. lol)
I can't really say I was able to truly have a childhood
and so I've always felt like an adult.
The adult that never had time to take a break.
And now here I find myself so lost.
Wanting to live but truly feeling lyk it's not here.
But, how do I really know if it's over there??
I don't.
And that's just killing me.
I see how the culture is here and I just feel like its not what i want.
I mean like times have changed and it's like so cool to be party girls and hook up wit every guy....
But, what happened to courting?
I mean am i a dying breed??
Is that concept only seen in the novelas?
Or can that actually be seen in other countries?
I've heard from hispanic women that latin men here arent into that too much.
So is it just men that are born in a latin country that tend to carry those traditions?
So is chivalry dead?
I mean I'm in my 20s...
So is the concept dead for my gen?
Cuz I don't want a guy that is in his late 30s...
Even if I don't act my age I don't want someone too much older that me!
So my thoughts for this week are focused on hispanic men in other countries...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment